Everyone Is No. 1

>> Thursday, July 2, 2009

How come human can be so strong and inspiring at times? And each time I raced, I can see the existence of such courageous people.

I am so touched by this music video by Andy Lau that I have to share it. This video has shown how human courage can overcome the odds.

As for me, I am fortunate enough to be given a good physic to run. Running is almost natural to me. Although I am not the fastest, I could finish a race without much complication. I am in CHARGE. Having said this, I am sure not everybody is as blessed as me.

I confessed that actually I don’t really know how it really feels to be disabled from the things I wanted to do. In races I see many participants that looks unfit and not physically ready to run but yet they ran.

At the Standard Chartered 42km marathon recently, I see many people toiled and tortured themselves just to prove that they can do it. To these people, I would like to honour them with my greatest respect. Sometimes I wonder if I would be running if I am in their shoes.

Everyone is No 1. The main thing in running is not to challenge others but ourselves. If we can conquer the odds, we will be No. 1 regardless of whatever timing or position. And we must be happy to use our ability when we have it because we will never know when it will be taken away from us.




HAPPY RUNNING

2 medals awarded:

Wenny July 2, 2009 at 9:55 PM  

That's GRATITUDE, Steven. Appreciate whatever we have and love whoever's near to our hearts.

Without GRATITUDE, we shall never be able to find contentment and lose sight of how blessed we are today.

With GRATITUDE, we shall learn to be happy. Being happy attracts many folds of happiness onto our path in this journery of life.

I'm very touched by the music video, not to mention Andy Lau's my favourite actor.

God bless you!

YB July 3, 2009 at 4:13 PM  

We should be very thankful for being blessed with what we have. Your timely reminder and the inspirational presentation by Wah Chai tell us that we should not procrastinate as we do not know what lies ahead. When we wake up each morning, it is a big fat bonus for all of us. Thanks for sharing.

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP